Creating a test company in Dynamics NAV 2016
Ever have a situation arise were you need a copy of your live environment to run transaction tests? This blog was written to show users how to create a test company so they can test certain issues with their live data without affecting their production environment. The instructions below will walk you through creating a test company in the same database as your production database.
In the Search box enter Companies or navigate to Departments – Administration – IT Administration – General – Companies.
2. Highlight the company you want to duplicate and click Copy.
3. Enter the New Company Name and click OK
4. Once the company has been created you will see it in the Companies list view.
5. To connect to the new company click the drop down arrow and click Select Company.
6. Enter the New Company Name and click OK to connect.
Now you are ready to do your transaction testing in the new Test Company in Dynamics NAV 2016.